These delicious Vanilla Protein Buckwheat Crepes are perfect for a weekend brunch or anytime you feel the need for some healthy, comfort food.
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
No. of Servings: 3-4
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp Phyto Pro Thrive Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Plant Food Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3 tbsp milled flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups coconut milk (2 cans)
- 2 tbsp oil
- To make the buckwheat crepe batter, mix together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Blend together the dry mix with all the wet ingredients in a high-speed blender until very smooth and slightly runny. The batter should be pourable but not watery.
- Bring a flat pan to a medium heat, add a small amount of coconut oil and then pour in the batter in a circular motion (similar to making a pancake). Small bubbles will start to form, allow to cook through before flipping. Continue the process until the batter is finished, cover and set aside the cooked crepes in a warm oven until serving.
- Serve the Vanilla Protein Buckwheat Crepes warm, filled with our delicious and nutritious Baobab Berry Chia Jam.
- Alternatively, try it with coconut yoghurt or your favourite nut butter!