This delicious, healthy and vegan savoury protein pancake takes a little more time to make than your regular pancake but the flavours and textures are so rewarding! It pairs great with our Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Sauce, which you should make up before beginning these pancakes.
Prep. Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
No. of Servings: 2
- 2/3 cup chickpea flour
- 4 scoops Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured Daily Protein
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of Turmeric
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 300ml water or plant-based milk
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp mixed herbs (dry or fresh)
- Olive oil, for frying
- Place chickpea flour, Thrive Unflavoured Daily Protein, baking powder, turmeric, salt and pepper in a bowl, and whisk to combine and get rid of lumps.
- While continuing to whisk, gradually add the water or plant-based milk – the slower the better to get a lump-free batter!
- Add the onions, garlic and herbs and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- You may need to add more water or milk if the batter gets too thick – you are looking for a consistency that will spread over your cooking pan.
- Heat up the olive oil slowly in your frying pan or pancake pan.
- Pour in 1/2 the batter and use your spatula to quickly spread it out over the pan.
- Cook for ±5 minutes on a low-moderate heat, until you can easily slide a spatula under the pancake and it’s firm enough to turn without breaking.
- Flip the pancake carefully and cook for another 4 minutes on the other side, until lightly golden brown.
- Serve the Savoury Protein Pancake immediately with our delicious Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Sauce.
- Alternatively, serve with slices of fresh avocado and red peppers.