A healthy, vegan creamy mushroom and spinach sauce to make the topping for a savoury breakfast pancake or the perfect lunchtime side dish!
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
No. of Servings: 2
- 200g baby spinach
- 200g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 80g vegan cream cheese or cashew cream sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt to taste
- Wilt the baby spinach by pouring boiling water over the leaves and leaving for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all the water and chop up the leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and mushrooms, cooking until caramelised and nicely browned.
- Reduce the heat and add the chopped spinach, vegan cream cheese, lemon juice and salt to taste, and stir on a gentle heat until warmed through.
- Serve this Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Sauce with our delicious Savoury Protein Pancakes for a warm breakfast or light lunchtime meal.