A delectable, melt-in-your-mouth starter or snack. These sweet potato protein truffles are a wonderful way to get this low-GI and mineral-packed vegetable into your diet in a simple and delicious way.
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
No. of Servings: 6-8 balls
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup crushed Plant Food Raw Macadamia Nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured Pea Protein Powder
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup coconut flour/ bread crumbs for coating
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil for baking
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil and set aside.
- Steam or roast the sweet potato until cooked through and soft. Remove the skins, mash the flesh and set aside until cool.
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients, including the cooled potato and pulse until well combined but still has texture.
- Scoop out balls using a tablespoon for measure.
- Dust each ball with coconut flour or roll in breadcrumbs.
- Spread out on the greased baking tray and bake for 15-20min until golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or micro greens and serve with vegan aioli.
- Store these sweet potato protein truffles in an airtight container for up to 5 days.