Who doesn’t love a cookie in the afternoon?! Or any time of the day to be frank! These salted macaramel protein cookies are a delicious way to get your cookie-fix in and in a healthy, high-protein way!
Prep. Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15minutes
No. of Servings: 6-8 cookies
- 4 heaped tbsp Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured or Vanilla (sweeter) Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp Plant Food Yellow Maca Root Powder
- ¼ cup Plant Food Organic Coconut Blossom Sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- ½ tsp sea salt (extra for sprinkling on afterwards)
- Pre-heat the oven to 150ºC.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients to form a stiff dough. If too dry, add some more nut butter (the fat content varies between brands which impacts the moisture).
- Leave in the fridge for 10min to cool and firm up, then rework again and form golf size balls.
- Press down the balls with a fork, and sprinkle with extra sea salt.
- Bake for 10-15min until just golden, then turn off the oven and allow the cookies to dry in the oven until cool.
- Wait for the cookies to cool completely before eating.
- Perfect enjoyed with a glass of cold almond or oat milk.
- Store these protein cookies in a sealed container or Tupperware for up to a week (if they last that long!).