Buckwheat is a fantastic, fiber-rich, gluten-free grain – an excellent way to start the day! This recipe for raw raspberry buckwheat protein porridge is a wonderful way to incorporate this grain into your meal plan in a simple and delicious way!
Prep. Time: 10 minutes (overnight soaking required)
No. of Servings: 2
- 1 cup buckwheat groats (soaked in water overnight and drained)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Plant Food Chia Seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk or yoghurt of choice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp Phyto Pro Thrive Strawberry Protein Powder
- 2 cups raspberries or berries of choice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 – 6 tbsp water
- Blend the raspberries, maple syrup and water in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Set aside ¼ cup of the puree and then add the rest of the ingredients to the remaining berry puree.
- Blend until very smooth and thick in consistency.
- To construct your raw raspberry buckwheat protein porridge, begin by layering the berry puree at the bottom of a short glass followed by pouring in the raw porridge.
- Top with coconut yoghurt, fresh fruit or seeds.