Add a dash of exotic colour and flavour to your mezzo board this summer with this delicious and nutrition-packed pomegranate and beetroot protein hummus. Or eat it everyday with fresh celery sticks like we did! We love the combination of sweet pomegranate and beetroot with spicy cumin and paprika and zingy lemon.
- 1x 400g can of unsalted organic chickpeas, plus half the chickpea water (aquafaba)
- 175g of cooked beetroot
- 3 tablespoons of #PhytoPro Thrive Unflavoured #PeaProteinIsolate
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons of tahini
- 1 plump garlic clove
- 2-3 teaspoons of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, process together all ingredients for the protein hummus into a paste.
- Adjust the consistency by adding extra pomegranate juice if too thick or more pea protein isolate if too runny.
- Serve with your protein hummus vegetable crudités or some crusty gluten-free bread, as the base of a wrap, as part of a mezze board with traditional hummus and other delicious Mediterranean goodies or even enjoy by itself!
- Lasts 3-4 days in the fridge.
- You can substitute other beans for chickpeas if you want to go chickpea-free in your protein hummus. We like white cannellini beans. Remember to still use half of the water from the can in the mix.