These high-protein oaty peanut butter date bars are a great metabolism-boosting mid-morning or mid-afternoon treat while at the office or exploring the outdoors.
Prep. Time: 30 mins plus overnight in fridge
No. of Servings: 6
- 4 scoops Phyto Pro Thrive Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup Plant Food Quick-Cook Gluten-Free Oats
- 1 cup medjool dates (or soaked regular dates)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Plant Food Raw Almonds
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- Line a square baking tray, sealable container bottom or Tupperware with greaseproof/wax paper.
- Add the oats, almonds and coconut to a food processor or blender and blend together into a coarse flour.
- Add the dates, peanut butter, vanilla and protein powder to the flour mix, and blend until sticky and moldable.
- Press the oat-date mixture into the tray.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over the pressed bars. Sprinkle some salt or cacao nibs over the drizzled chocolate for extra texture.
- Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the bars by pulling the sides of the greaseproof paper out. Cut into bars or squares.
- Store your oaty peanut butter date bars in a sealed container for up to two weeks.