- ½ C millet
- 1½ C water
- 3 diced tomatoes
- ½ C seeded, diced cucumber
- ½ C finely sliced red onions
- ½ C finely chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ C freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
- ½ t Himalayan salt, or to taste
- ½ t ground black pepper
- Optional – add 10g of fresh chopped mint
- Place millet in a medium saucepan with 1½ cups water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 35-45 minutes. Cool.
- Place all chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Pour lemon juice and olive oil over vegetables. Add seasonings and cooled millet. Stir to mix.
- Refrigerate overnight for full flavour.