- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 heaped T Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 250ml water
- 1 t maple syrup
- 200g frozen peas
- 100ml almond milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 t fresh herbs, e.g. chives or tarragon
- Sauté onion in oil until softened. Add protein powder and stir for 2-3 minutes. Take saucepan off heat and add two ladles of vegetable stock. Whisk until completely smooth and then add remaining stock, water and maple syrup. Return to heat.
- Stir peas into soup and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Pour almond milk slowly into soup and reheat until almost boiling. Liquidize with a blender and season to taste.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and sprinkle with chopped herbs, if using. Serve with gluten-free bread.