These cauliflower tacos with creamy protein white sauce are easy to make, taste delicious and are a whole lot of fun to eat with your friends and family! The white sauce is packed with Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured Protein to make these tacos especially nutritious!
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
No. of Servings: Makes 4 taco’s or 6 small taco’s
Creamy Protein White Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cauliflower head, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured Daily Protein
Cauliflower Taco Ingredients:
- ½ cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin, whole or ground
- 2 carrots, grated or ribboned
- Fresh parsley
- 4 soft taco’s
- Hot sauce for drizzling
- Start by slowly sautéing the carrot, onion and oil in a medium-sized saucepan for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Pour the mixture into a blender along with the coconut cream, protein powder, salt, pepper, yeast. Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Return back to a saucepan and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until it comes up to a simmer. Remove from heat, taste for seasoning and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the cauliflower florets with a drizzle of oil, season with salt pepper, paprika and cumin. Fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until browned & caramelised on the outside & cooked.
- Warm the tacos slightly in a non-stick frying pan until they are more flexible.
- Scoop the cauliflower florets into the tacos along with grated carrot and chopped parsley. Generously fill the cauliflower tacos with the creamy protein white sauce before serving.
- Use this creamy protein white sauce for pasta, creamy vegetable bakes or as a cheesy dip for platters.