For a cleaner, healthier, safer omega-3, we went upstream, to where fish get their omega-3s from – pure marine algae. Phyto Pro Liquid Omega contains all the good guys you would find in a fish oil, including high doses of essential omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA, but without any of the bad guys found in fish oils, incl. heavy metals like mercury, PCBs, and other toxic environmental contaminants.
Each serving of Phyto Pro Liquid Omega gives you 550mg of Omega 3 fatty acids in a 2:1 ratio of DHA:EPA.
Phyto Pro Liquid Omega comes in two variants:
- Unflavoured – single-ingredient omega liquid
- Mint – flavoured with refreshing organic mint essential oil
Nutritionally-complete plant-based omega 3:
- There are three main omega 3 fatty acids – ALA, EPA and DHA. The human body mainly uses EPA and DHA for calming inflammation, building new cells and healing damaged ones.
- All terrestrial plant sources of omega 3s, e.g. chia, flax and hemp seeds, only contain the ALA form of omega 3. The liver converts ALA to EPA and EPA to DHA through an 8-step process but this is not done very efficiently, especially if the liver is dealing with other challenges like detoxing from inflammation or exposure to everyday pollutants.
- Some omega 3 supplements include algae-based DHA but this does not convert to EPA. DHA is important for brain and eye health but EPA is the fatty acid associated with reducing inflammation, cellular healing and building new cells and tissues.
- Phyto Pro Liquid Omega is the only plant-based product to contain significant levels of EPA and DHA from marine algae.
- This means you get all the benefits of a fish- or krill-based omega product but from a cleaner, plant-based source.
Low environmental footprint:
- Historically, we got omega 3s from consuming seafood and molluscs but in todays polluted planet, these sources of omega 3s have become compromised, with most testing positive for microplastics, heavy metals like mercury, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and other environmental pollutants.
- Catching seafood and krill for omega 3 supplements has also devastated marine ecosystems globally. The Antarctic is particularly affected because this is where most fishing occurs, leading to threats to wildlife communities, from whales to penguins.
- Meat, poultry and eggs were also a source of omega 3s but this is entirely dependent on the diet and living conditions of the animals concerned. In today’s world where factory-farming is the norm, these foods no longer contain sufficient levels of healthy non-inflammatory fatty acids.
- Our omega 3 comes from sustainably farmed marine algae – the plants krill and other marine species consume to introduce omega 3s into the marine food chain. Our sources do not compromise these ecosystems and are wildlife-friendly.
- Most fish- and mollusc-based omega 3s are heat extracted to increase yields. Heating any fat is never a good idea as this changes and damages the fatty acid chains, reducing the health benefits and often even introducing new disease risks.
- The omega 3 oil used in Phyto Pro Liquid Omega is extracted in a low-heat, hexane-free process, ensuring a clean, fresh and nutritionally-stable ingredient.
100% Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly
Free from artificial colours or flavours, dairy, fillers, gluten, GMOs, preservatives, processed sugar and soy.