We think these Chocolate Protein Hotcakes are the perfect breakfast-in-bed start to the weekend. Now to find someone to get out of bed to make them!
Phyto Pro THRIVE Chocolate mixed with oats and banana make for a delicious, nutritious and filling breakfast (or anytime) meal!
Prep. Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 6-8 medium hotcakes
- 1 cup of rolled oats (or alternatively gluten-free oats)
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, peeled
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (or any milk substitute of your choice)
- 1/4 cup of Phyto Pro THRIVE Chocolate protein powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until it comes to a smooth thick liquid.
- Preheat a nonstick baking pan, add oil for a more crispier exterior.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter into the pan, cook on a low-medium heat for a few minutes until bubbles start appearing on the surface .
- Flip over and cook for another few minutes, until golden brown.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter.
TIPS & TOPPING SUGGESTIONS
- Don’t have a blender? Replace the rolled oats with oat flour, or place your whole oats in a spice grinder to make your own flour. Mash the banana with a fork and mix in all the remaining ingredeints. Ensure not to overmix too much when using wheat flour.
- Use Phyto Pro Thrive Vanilla Protein Powder for a Vanilla version of these Chocolate Protein Hotcakes.
- Store the leftover in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to one month. Remove and reheat when ready to enjoy.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Phyto Pro Raw Cacao Powder for a deeper chocolate taste.
- Replace the banana with avo or cooked butternut and pumpkin for different flavours.
- Add a Superfood twist: Add 2 teaspoons of Phyto Pro Baobab Fruit Powder or Phyto Pro Maca Root Powder to the blender.
- For extra protein, add 1 tablespoon of Phyto Pro Hemp Heart Seeds to the mix.
- Bonus recipe: Make a quick berry or fruit compote by blending ½ cup fresh fruit with ½ cup of water, add 1 tablespoon of Phyto Pro Chia Seeds and allow to stand for 3 minutes before serving. We love using fresh blueberries or blackberries!