These Chocolate Orange Protein Energy Bites are the perfect on-the-go, nutrition top-up you need to help you power through a busy day (or week!).
Made with Phyto Pro THRIVE Vanilla (for nutrition and satiety) and low GI dates (for slow-release energy throughout the day), paired with Raw Cacao superfood power (for immediate energy release), these will certainly help you keep on top of your game!
Prep. Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 330g Raw whole almonds
- 1 cup dates – pitted and soaked in 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 generous tablespoons of Phyto Pro Raw Cacao superfood powder
- 1/3 cup Phyto Pro THRIVE Vanilla protein powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon – optional
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 2 tbsp Phyto Pro Maca Root superfood powder
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Phyto Pro Hemp Heart superfood seeds for rolling
- Desiccated coconut and anything else you like for rolling
- Pulse almonds in a food processor with the cinnamon, cacao, orange zest, maca, salt and pea protein powder until crumbly.
- Add the dates and vanilla and blend until it comes together. You may need to add a tbsp of fresh orange juice.
- The dough should come together and not be too sticky. Refrigerate for a while if the mixture is too sticky.
- Place your various ingredients for rolling the balls in on a plate – desiccated coconut, goji berries, hemp hearts or freeze dried berry powders.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop up enough dough to make a ball of your preferred size, shape in your hands and roll in your topping of choice.
- Keep these Chocolate Orange Protein Energy Bites in a sealed Tupperware and in the fridge for snacking or for lunch boxes. They should keep for up to 2 weeks.