These cauliflower tacos with creamy protein white sauce are easy to make, taste delicious and are a whole lot of fun to eat with your friends and family! The white sauce is packed with Phyto Pro Thrive Unflavoured Protein to make these tacos especially nutritious!
Prep. Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 taco’s or 6 small taco’s
Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Vegan
Creamy Protein White Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ cauliflower head, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp Phytopro Thrive Unflavoured Daily Protein
Cauliflower Taco Ingredients:
- ½ cauliflower head, chopped into florets
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin, whole or ground
- 2 carrots, grated or ribboned
- Fresh parsley
- 4 soft taco’s
- Hot sauce for drizzling
- Start by slowly sautéing the carrot, onion and oil in a medium-sized saucepan for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Pour the mixture into a blender along with the coconut cream, protein powder, salt, pepper, yeast. Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Return back to a saucepan and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until it comes up to a simmer. Remove from heat, taste for seasoning and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the cauliflower florets with a drizzle of oil, season with salt pepper, paprika and cumin. Fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until browned & caramelised on the outside & cooked.
- Warm the tacos slightly in a non-stick frying pan until they are more flexible. Scoop the cauliflower florets into the tacos along with grated carrot and chopped parsley. Generously fill with the creamy protein white sauce before serving.
Tips & Topping Suggestions:
- Use this creamy protein white sauce for pasta, creamy vegetable bakes or as a cheesy dip for platters.